"Resilience Unveiled”




In childhood's realm, as an only child, I thrived,

My parents' love, the warmth in which I dived,

With every sunrise, my world felt so alive,

In their embrace, my heart was deeply tied.

 

But life took a turn, down a different trail,

A marriage bond that cloaked me in betrayal,

They hungered for my gold, my heart grew pale,

My father's gifts, like fleeting dreams, set sail.

 

In that abyss, my spirit felt confined,

A web of greed, deceit that undermined,

The love I'd cherished, now cruelly maligned,

In shadows deep, my happiness declined.

 

But through the darkest nights, I found a way,

Education's beacon lit the path, I'd say,

A job, well-paying, where dreams could sway,

I vowed to leave my past's disarray.

 

With every paycheck, my spirit soared anew,

No longer trapped, my strength and hope in view,

I stand today, a life that's tried and true,

No more tears, no more false ado.

 

I've learned that riches aren't just gold's embrace,

True wealth resides in courage, love, and grace,

In my heart, a newfound strength I trace,

A future where my smile finds its rightful place.

 

No longer will I be ensnared by deceit,

For in my stride, my life's path is sweet,

I've tasted freedom, and it's such a treat,

In authenticity, my heart and soul complete.

 

The scars may linger, but they make me whole,

For through the struggles, I have found my role,

A single child, a woman with a goal,

To live a life where authenticity takes its toll.

 

With newfound wisdom, I march ahead,

A future bright, where no more tears are shed,

In my strength, my doubts will be misled,

In truth and love, I'll find the love I've always pled.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Solitary Flight"

"Beneath Celestial Wings: Dreams of a Girl's Journey Through Time"

"Embracing Freedom: A Journey of Self-Discovery and Unbridled Expression"