In My Heart, They Must Stay



In the stillness of the night, when shadows softly creep,  

A fear takes hold within me, pulling me from sleep.  

Daddy’s breath was heavy, his heart caught in its strife,  

And in that fleeting moment, I feared for his life.


I am their only daughter, no sister, no brother near,  

And in that fragile silence, my heart trembled with fear.  

What if the world took them, left me on my own?  

In the vastness of this life, how would I be grown?


I imagine days without them, a life too hard to bear,  

Without their loving voices, without their tender care.  

Mom’s gentle words, Dad’s strong embrace,  

A world without them feels like an empty place.


I close my eyes and wish so deep, from the core of my soul,  

That they live far longer than me, that they never grow old.  

For I’d rather walk alone into the unknown,  

Than face this world without them, my heart, my home.


So stay with me, I pray each night, in health and in peace,  

Let this love we share never, ever cease.  

For as long as they are with me, no fear can truly stay,  

In my heart, they must stay, forever and a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Solitary Flight"

"Beneath Celestial Wings: Dreams of a Girl's Journey Through Time"

"Resilience Unveiled”