Masks of Deceit




In a world of masks and feigned embrace,

I walk a path through falsehood's endless chase,

Surrounded by faces, all cloaked in love's attire,

But beneath their masks, the flames of greed conspire.

 

They speak of love with honeyed words so sweet,

Yet, beneath the surface, their intentions discreet,

Each time my salary arrives, I'm filled with dread,

For the vultures gather, waiting to be fed.

 

They come with smiles, their hands outstretched,

Their feigned affection, carefully fetched,

They promise loyalty, they swear they care,

But all they seek is riches, unfair and rare.

 

I yearn for bonds that transcend mere gold,

For hearts that cherish, not ones bought and sold,

I offer what I have, with hope sincere,

That one day, true loyalty will draw near.

 

But as the months go by, the pattern repeats,

Their hunger for my wealth, a voracious beat,

I give and give, until there's nothing left,

And in their eyes, I see a heartless theft.

 

Yet, still, I cling to hope, though it wanes,

That one day, love's truth will break these chains,

That loyalty will rise above the lust for gain,

And in their hearts, true love will reign.

 

For beneath this weary facade, I stand strong,

Resilient in the face of deceitful throng,

I yearn for love that's genuine and pure,

A love that's steadfast, strong, and sure.

 

I'll keep my faith, though the world may deceive,

In search of love, I'll continue to believe,

That someday, authenticity will rise above,

And I'll find true loyalty, a treasure trove of love.


- Chippy Mohan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Solitary Flight"

"Beneath Celestial Wings: Dreams of a Girl's Journey Through Time"

"Embracing Freedom: A Journey of Self-Discovery and Unbridled Expression"