Whispers of the Fallen: A Daughter's Lament



In the quiet of the night, where shadows softly fall,  

I sit alone, where once there were voices, now just a hollow call.  

The earth took more than ground beneath, it tore apart my heart,  

In the landslide’s cruel embrace, my world was torn apart.


Mama’s laughter, soft and warm, now echoes in the past,  

Papa’s gentle, steady hands, I felt their touch last.  

My sister’s smile, a guiding light, now lost beneath the clay,  

In one swift, merciless moment, they were all swept away.


I search the skies for answers, but the stars give no reply,  

Just silent, distant twinkling in a cold, unfeeling sky.  

The mountains stand like sentinels, indifferent to my pain,  

They hold my dearest in their grasp, under the fallen rain.


I cry out to the heavens, but my voice is lost in wind,  

No arms to hold me close, no solace can I find.  

The world is full of strangers now, in a home I don’t belong,  

Each day a painful echo, of a life that’s come undone.


But somewhere deep within, a seed of strength remains,  

To carry on this heavy heart, though bound in grief and chains.  

For though they’re gone, they live in me, in memories I keep,  

In every tear that falls, in every breath I breathe.


I’ll walk this path alone, though it cuts me to the core,  

For in my heart, they walk with me, forever, evermore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Solitary Flight"

"Beneath Celestial Wings: Dreams of a Girl's Journey Through Time"

"Resilience Unveiled”